Thursday, October 27, 2011

arachnophobia no more

i was never actually afraid of spiders but if i were, i'd either be cured or in shock by now. screenless windows make for manditory interaction with my 6-8legged friends. some daily encounters:

most mornings i wake up to a cockroach or two rummaging around in the garbage.

last weekish, i woke up nose to nose with a giant (approx. 2 inch diameter) black spider on the other side of my mosquito net.

there are giant ants everywhere that make these raised burrows that look like dirt versions of the veins in arnold schwarzenegger's arms. and the ants are strong like arnold too, apparently when they bite they dont let go...

last night a 7inch long praying mantis flew in my window. he sat on my bedroom light and ate the bugs swarming around it with his weird little arms. i should have been grateful. but like a giant cowardly idiot, i was absolutely terrified. it was worse than when the customs officers with AK47s came knocking on my door at 4am and demanded to see my passport...anyway, the green monster stayed a few hours until i turned out the light to go to sleep and everytime i went into the bedroom he rose up, assumed praying position and slowly turned his head to stare at me, amazingly aware of his environment, or dare i say.. intelligent?

No comments:

Post a Comment