Wednesday, October 12, 2011

the daily grind

starting to get settled in. starting to get used to my day-to-day life. but i'm also starting to forget that my day to day life is slightly different from the average. so here is a little piece of my life- my walk to work- in pictures.. thanks marsh for the idea.


out the gate and onto the street.. its 7:15am




 

the corner where i always lose cell phone reception..
some of you know what i'm talking about...




 


this girl is so amazing!she stands on a rock every day
and waits for me to come around the corner
and then starts shouting 'hello!!!' and waving.
 i usually buy roasted groundnuts (peanuts) from her mom



crossed the street and headed up the hill



ladies who always sell me breakfast..
 fried banana and cornflour 'donuts'

corner before the petrol station, lady waiting for a minibus





yet another hill to climb...


some little girls on the way to school


the ground beneath my feet..


still walking down the road... if it was sunny, i'd be sweaty by now


looking down the hill to the city center. before i cross
the street



 

man and goat outside the office wall


Finally! Time : 7:50am





No comments:

Post a Comment